You will need to Apply to the Guild website, in order to post in the Guild Forums.
...And so the Legion is defeated, The Pantheon is restored, and even Sargeras himself faces justice! But even as Azeroth might dare to hope for healing and rest, our old divisions and enmities are enflamed once more! The Alliance must deliver justice upon Sylvanas and The Horde who follow her honorless leadership! Justice for the War of Thorns and the burning of Teldrassil! The Horde must protect their people and their future, proactively and without err, doubt or hesitation. Who has the luxury of time, to question why we fight, when the true Battle for Azeroth is already upon us? We are the Shattered Dawn! We are the Shattered Abyss! Azeroth is our word! And it is we who defend it! We will shatter those we must, to bring hope and life to the our world! To arms! To victory!
About our guild and our players:
- Realms: Bloodhoof and Duskwood
- Shattered Dawn is a long-established Alliance guild with many active players.
- Shattered Abyss is our sister guild on the Horde side.
- Our players are mostly mature adults (*cough*), and young adults. (18+ only)
- Many players have been with SD for years, and enjoy long term online friendships within the guild. Several guildies feel like SD is their "online family."
- We have many married couples who love to adventure through Azeroth together.
- We use Discord for voice chat, and many of our players hang out there frequently whether in-game or not.
- We have a closed Facebook group (guild members only) so that we can stay in touch outside of the game.
- Our guild mostly focuses on PvE content (raids and dungeons). Many also enjoy farming achievements, xmog gear and mounts. A few of our players also enjoy PvP, but our guild activities are not focused on PvP.
Our #1 policy is that we all keep it respectful and courteous at all times, on *all* chat channels!
The reason for this is to keep our gaming community fun, and foster this guild as an *online home* where we can enjoy each other's company for years to come, including our spouses and real-life friends! As fair notice, we do remove people from the guild who do not follow this policy. If you habitually swear and cuss, or struggle to keep a friendly attitude and use good manners at all times, then Shattered Dawn will not be a good fit for you.
About our guild raids:
- Our raiding style is "semi-hardcore," meaning that we raid to be successful and for progression, but at the same time we keep it friendly, patient and fun. It should be emphasized that raiding is not required, simply an option we make available to those who wish to. If you choose to raid, by default you also accept that you are agreeing to meet the criteria established by the raid leader's.
- Progression Raids are Wednesday & Friday from 7:30pm to 10:00pm US Eastern Time. (can be extended slightly if the group chooses to do so)
- "Open Raids" (for those new to raiding, trying out a new role and/or initially gearing) are on Sunday afternoons at 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm US Eastern Time.
- Expectations are that raiders will be reliable, on-time, prepared, and know their class and role.
- We make a serious effort to overcome new content, at a pace that works best for us. Meaning, this is our game-time, down-time, and stress-relief outlet, so we don't treat raiding like a job. However, we also expect everyone who chooses to raid to respect they are one member in a much larger group. Many raiders schedule their real world commitments around raid events.
- Mythic raiding *is not our goal* - we have real lives, families and jobs that take priority over raiding. That said, a few of our raiders do Mythic on the side, while keeping raiding with our guild as their top priority.
- We are *not elitist*, and players who are will probably not enjoy raiding with us for long.
- All roles, class, specs may apply.
- Currently we are primarily recruiting for: Heals (especially Holy Pally, Resto Shammy and/or Holy Priest), as well as DPS. That being said, we are always interested in finding quality players to add to our online family. See WoW Progress for more specific information.
- We are currently in the final planning stages of transitioning from the end of Legion and the release of BfA.
If you have been searching for a guild made up of mature, working adults who foster both an online family as well as a solid balance between raiding and real life - look no further!
The next time you're online, please use this command to see who else is on, and ask any questions you may have:
Alliance ----> /who Shattered Dawn
Horde ----> /who Shattered Abyss
We look forward to meeting you in game!